Hana's Hundreds of Hijabs
Hana has a humongous collection of hijabs and accessories – and her hijab is always styled superbly. But when her overflowing collection gets a little out of hand, Hana knows something needs to be done . . . and comes up with a clever plan for sharing her talents and possessions with her community! Young makers will chuckle along with this humorous tale of creative problem-solving and learning to help others.
Key Selling Points:
- POSITIVE CULTURAL REPRESENTATION: Hijab styling in the context of creative fashion brings a unique, positive and fun perspective to a sometimes misunderstood religious practice. Readers unfamiliar with hijabs will learn about how they are worn, while children familiar with hijabs will see their own experiences reflected.
- RELATABLE: Children with large, overflowing collections of favorite items will relate to Hana’s dilemma.
- HUMOR: Clever and humorous story about creative problem-solving.
- BUILDING COMMUNITY: Models helping others and spreading happiness by sharing one’s own skills and material goods.
- AUTHOR: Author Razeena Omar Gutta has a strong social media following (Read Little Muslims, @razeenareads), with 10k followers on Facebook and 15.5k on Instagram.
- ILLUSTRATOR: Manal Mirza (Zahra’s Blessing) has 22k followers on Instagram and drew from her own personal love of fashion to create the illustrations for this book.