Barefoot Books Water
A Deep Dive of Discovery
Immerse yourself in fascinating facts about water! This comprehensive yet accessible exploration of water will help young readers understand many aspects of one of our planet's most precious resources – and how they can protect it. A friendly water droplet character guides children through topics ranging from melting and freezing to the ways in which water literally shapes the Earth. Tales by storytellers from around the world are sprinkled through the book, highlighting the variety of ways in which global cultures value water. The engaging format includes gatefolds and booklets with hands-on activity ideas for learning about and protecting water.
Key Selling Points:
- RICH BLEND OF FICTION AND NONFICTION: A unique combination of comprehensive scientific information and global stories sets Water apart from existing books on the topic.
- ACCESSIBLE INFORMATION: Fun facts and clear explanations help children understand many aspects of one of our planet's most precious resources -- and how they can protect it.
- GLOBAL REPRESENTATION: Tales from eight storytellers are interspersed throughout, highlighting the variety of ways in which cultures around the world value water. Tales from eight storytellers are interspersed throughout, highlighting the variety of ways in which cultures around the world value water. The regions represented are: Vanuatu, Lebanon, England, Zimbabwe, India, Peru, Saint Lucia, and China.
- ENGAGING FORMAT: Gatefolds and booklets overflow with additional information, activity ideas and experiments for readers to explore.
- MULTIPLE LEVELS OF LEARNING: A friendly water droplet character acts as a guide and helps readers absorb fascinating facts, while inset boxes provide deeper dives into scientific subject matter.
- VIBRANT ILLUSTRATIONS: Beautiful artwork from accomplished illustrator Mariona Cabassa adds a playful dimension to factual learning.