Run, Little Chaski!
An Inka Trail Adventure
In this tale set in the ancient Inka (sometimes spelled Inca) empire, Little Chaski has a big job: he is the Inka King’s newest royal messenger. On his first day delivering messages he stops to help several creatures in need along the way, causing him to nearly miss his sunset deadline. But the kindness he bestowed on these animals winds up helping him in surprising ways. Descriptive language and bold illustrations give readers insight into Little Chaski’s nervousness and excitement as he runs the Inka Trail, working earnestly to fulfill the responsibilities of his new role.
Key Selling Points:
- SOUTH AMERICAN AUTHOR: Set in ancient South America, this tale is written by Peruvian-born author Mariana Llanos.
- CULTURAL AWARENESS: Offers an age-appropriate and engaging introduction to ancient Inka (sometimes spelled Inca) civilization and features an indigenous hero.
- SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL LEARNING: The main character stops along the way to help others, even though being late may cost him his job. In the end, his kindness is recognized and rewarded.
- EDUCATIONAL ENDNOTES: Endnotes include a glossary of Quechua words and provide information about the Inka Empire, Chaskis (messengers) and the Inka Trail.
- SPANISH: Also available in a Spanish language edition.