Giving Thanks Around the World
Explore harvest festivals from around the globe! Lyrical, rhyming text and lush, detailed artwork from Italian artist Martina Peluso immerse young readers in some of the most ancient traditions in the world. Nine pages of rich, educational endnotes dive deep with more information about the 12 cultures explored in the book and invite young readers to ask questions about food and the labor that produces it.
Key Selling Points:
- GLOBAL: Invites children to explore harvest traditions from 12 cultures around the world.
- STEM: Provides an engaging lens through which readers can learn about foodways and agriculture.
- ACTIVISM: Raises questions about labor: Who grows the food? Who picks the food? Who owns the food? Who eats the food?
- LYRICAL NONFICTION: Lush, detailed artwork from illustrator Martina Peluso and rhyming, lyrical text offer an artful presentation of this nonfiction information.
- ENDMATTER: Nine pages of rich educational endnotes offer greater insight into why and how people have celebrated the harvest throughout history around the world.