Bring Back the Babka!
When brothers search for their mama’s missing babka in their diverse Jewish neighborhood, they find other delicious treats and words of wisdom from each household instead. Readers can follow clues in the illustrations to solve the mystery of the missing babka in this heartwarming and humorous tale of community members coming together for Shabbat. Endmatter includes information about Jewish cuisine and the 8 traditional Jewish dishes from around the world mentioned in the story, as well as a delicious babka recipe.
Key Selling Points:
- JEWISH REPRESENTATION: Fills the need for more Jewish stories that are not about holidays or the Holocaust.
- DIVERSITY: Provides a warm, positive portrayal of a diverse, contemporary Jewish community that includes Sephardic and Black Jewish characters.
- SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL LEARNING: Features themes of community, generosity, helping out your neighbors.
- HUMOR: There is a hilarious mystery to solve in the artwork: the joke is that a puppy ate the babka and then follows the brothers as they search all over the neighborhood.
- ENDMATTER: Endmatter includes information about Jewish cuisine and the 8 traditional Jewish dishes mentioned in the story, as well as a delicious babka recipe.