Follow the Flyway
The Marvel of Bird Migration
In this lyrical STEM gem, nests full of baby birds hatch, grow feathers, learn to fly, and then finally follow the autumn winds south along the majestic flyway for their first big migration. Rhyming, poetic text and detailed, nostalgic illustrations make for an enthralling read-aloud, carrying readers along on the birds’ sensory journey of sights and sounds. Illustrated endnotes provide factual information about bird migration, the four flyways of North America, the species of birds found in the book and sources for further reading.
Key Selling Points:
- BIRDS, AN ON-TREND TOPIC: Bird-watching continues to be popular as a family and group activity following an increased interest during the pandemic. This book has high appeal for classrooms and families of birders.
- WIDE AGE RANGE: The poetic text and illustrations engage younger readers, while more detail in the end notes continues the interest for older children.
- STEM: Introduces information about bird migration and a variety of bird species.
- POETIC TEXT: Lyrical, rhyming text is finely crafted by poet and author Sarah Nelson (I Like the Weather series).
- ILLUSTRATIONS: Chic, nostalgic illustrations provide details for readers to pore over.
- ENDNOTES: Illustrated endnotes provide factual information about bird migration, the four North American flyways, the species of birds found in the book and sources for further reading.