Travel to all seven continents and the oceans, too, with an energetic yoga sequence set to an irresistible original song. Sweet illustrations guide children into more than a dozen yoga poses, some mimicking a distinctive animal from each global region, others paired with modes of transportation to connect them all. Written by a children’s yoga expert, the playful story concludes with step-by-step instructions for each yoga pose and a world map with a fun fact about each animal. Includes audio and animation.
Key Selling Points:
- SINGALONG FORMAT: Joins Barefoot’s award-winning collection of singalongs books, which include a QR code / URL for accessing audio and animation of the book.
- ENCOURAGES PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: The energetic yoga sequence in the book will inspire children to move their bodies in safe and creative ways.
- GLOBAL: Introduces young children to animals from each continent and includes a map for additional context.
- DIVERSE & INCLUSIVE: Written by a Black American author and illustrated by an Argentinian artist, the book portrays children of a variety of races and abilities participating in yoga activities, with particular focus on wheelchair modifications for some of the poses.
- IMAGINATIVE PLAY: Children pretend to be various modes of transportation to travel from one continent to the next.
- EXPERT AUTHOR: The text was written and the song composed by Jamaica Stevens and JAMaroo Kids, a children’s yoga and movement teacher with over 20 years of experience.