Food for the Future
Sustainable Farms Around the World
Go on a tour of eco-friendly farms around the globe! From urban gardens to farms under the sea, discover the many different sustainable ways people have been growing food for centuries, and new innovations that are battling the effects of climate change on farming. Rhyming text and inset boxes with definitions for new vocabulary words make the topic accessible to young learners. End matter includes detailed information about each country's farming practice, sustainable farming and more.
Key Selling Points:
- NON-FICTION: This rhyming tour of where food comes from offers a fresh addition to nonfiction collections. Includes factual endnotes about sustainable farming, food justice, and each featured country’s farming practice.
- STEAM & SUSTAINABILITY: Explores concepts of sustainability while introducing a variety of farming technologies.
- GLOBAL AWARENESS: Highlights sustainable farming practices from 12 different countries.
- SOCIAL STUDIES: Builds appreciation for food production methods from ancient cultures as well as modern innovations.
- AUTHOR: Author Mia Wenjen is the founder of the well-known blog Pragmatic Mom and is the co-founder of Multicultural Children’s Book Day.