Allons au carnaval!
Une célébration à Sainte-Lucie
The sights, sounds and tastes of vibrant Saint Lucia come to life in this cumulative #OwnVoices tale of a girl’s journey to Carnival. When a series of unexpected delays disrupts her journey to the big parade, Melba must adjust both her expectations and her route to the festivities. Who will she meet and what will she learn along the way?
Key Selling Points:
- #OWNVOICES: The book is set in the critically acclaimed author’s homeland of Saint Lucia.
- CULTURAL AWARENESS: Readers are immersed in the day-to-day life of Saint Lucia as they learn about the foods, animals, modes of transport and more on the island.
- SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING: The main character learns to manage anxiety and handle disappointment as people she meets help her find creative solutions to problems.
- EDUCATIONAL ENDNOTES: Endnotes include a pronunciation guide and provide information about the Creole language, Carnival and ways of life in Saint Lucia.
- SPANISH EDITION: The book is also available in Spanish.